Fill out the form below to receive daily emails during the fast.
We are very excited to begin this new year of 2020 with our 21 Days of Fasting and Prayer! Starting January 12th.
Over the last number of years, more and more churches around the world have been catching the vision of Fasting in January. We’ve heard it said it is much like praying in the morning to establish the will of God for the entire day. We know when we put God first in our lives, in our families, and in our finances, we see Him bring blessing and life to those areas. We also believe if we fast and seek God at the beginning of the year, He will honour that sacrifice and bless us moving forward throughout the year!
So, if you are reading this, and sense that God has more for your life, we encourage you to join us in making a commitment to fasting. We believe God will do a great work in your life. Start the year off right and discover the rewards of putting God first! We look forward to hearing about what God will do in your life and our church as we seek Him together.
PLEASE FILL OUT THE BRIEF FORM ABOVE TO LET US KNOW YOU ARE FASTING WITH US. If you’re concerned about keeping this fast between you and God, just enter your first name only, to stay anonymous. BUT – we want to know how many people are fasting with us, so we can be praying for you and your desire for breakthrough during this time!
- Abstaining from pleasurable food for the purpose of knowing God more intimately and becoming more like Him.
- Nelson’s Bible Dictionary: “Going without food or drink voluntarily, for religious purposes.”
- Fasting gives our body and spirit an opportunity to cleanse itself of toxins, and become renewed & restored.
- Fasting quiets the demands of our flesh, feeds our spirit, and helps us follow God’s heart.
- Do you want to encounter God in a deeper way?
- Are you in need of healing or a miracle?
- Do you desire a heightened sensitivity to the voice and heart of God?
- Do you need freedom from sin that has been holding you down?
- Is there a friend or loved one that needs Salvation?
- Is there a dream inside you that only God can make possible?
- Do you want to know more of God’s will for your life?
It is our heart that EVERYONE has a great experience with fasting! We have 4 different paths for you to consider. There are other types of fasts as well, and we welcome you to choose whatever is best for you. Fasting is between you and God, and can be an amazing opportunity to get closer to Him. We encourage you to seek His heart for you as you determine what to do.
#1 – BEGINNER :: I have little to no experience fasting, and I’m really excited about getting started!
Commit to fasting ONE FULL MEAL per day, for each of the 21 days.
- We strongly recommend taking time to PRAY and READ your Bible during the meal you are giving up – this will be a HUGE catalyst in getting closer to Him.
- Choose a meal (breakfast/lunch/dinner) that will be easiest for you to pray during that time.
- Plan NOT to snack between meals, to ensure there is an period of time going without food.
#2 – INTERMEDIATE :: I have some experience fasting, and am ready to take it to another level.
- Commit to the DANIEL FAST for 21 straight days.
- It is a method of fasting that people all over the world are using as they seek God.
- This partial fast is taken from the Scriptures, and there are two anchoring passages for it. In Daniel 1, the Prophet ate only vegetables (that would have included fruits). Also, in Daniel 10, we read that the Prophet ate no meat nor any precious foods, and no wine for 21 days.
- Scriptural guidelines for this fast: An all-natural menu, including fruits, vegetables, nuts, etc.
- For more information on Daniel Fast-friendly recipes, search online to research.
- Again, we strongly recommend setting aside daily time to PRAY and READ your Bible!
#3 – EXPERIENCED :: I have A LOT of experience fasting, and am ready for a HUGE challenge.
- Commit to the LIQUIDS ONLY fast. You abstain from all solid food for your entire fast period.
- You can drink any type of liquids, including fruit juices and milk to liquid food supplements.
- To your stomach, this is like a full blown fast, but you are not denying your body nutrients.
*** HEALTH NOTE: We recommend that you stop fasting if you are showing signs of health problems. Hunger is normal for a fast, but health problems are not – consult a healthcare professional for any
#4 – MEDIA FAST :: Possible for ANYONE, no matter what your experience in fasting is.
- Commit to not using any media/electronics for recreational, relaxing or therapeutic reasons.
- Includes watching TV, surfing Internet, Music, Movies, Car Radio, Cell Phone, Tablets, Social Media, Video Games, etc.
- It would be a great option for those who are always connected to some type of media.
- It is also an alternative for those who cannot fast food because of health reasons.
Fasting is an opportunity to get closer to God.
You, God, are my God, earnestly I seek you; I thirst for you, my whole being longs for you, in a dry and parched land where there is no water. Psalm 63:1
Then all the children of Israel, that is, all the people, went up and came to the house of God and wept. They sat there before the Lord and fasted that day until evening; and they offered burnt offerings and peace offerings before the Lord. Judges 20:26
Fasting and prayer take us to a special place of brokenness before God.
So it was, when I heard these words, that I sat down and wept, and mourned for many days; I was fasting and praying before the God of heaven. Nehemiah 1:4
Fasting will definitely humble us!
I humbled myself with fasting. Psalm 35:13
Fasting prepares us for the destiny and our future service.
Jesus fasted 40 days before He performed any miracle. (see Matthew 4)
Fasting will increase our faith to do big things for God.
So Jesus said to them, “Because of your unbelief; for assuredly, I say to you, if you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. However, this kind does not go out except by prayer and fasting.” Matthew 17:20-21
Fasting helps us to hear clearly from the Holy Spirit.
As they ministered to the Lord and fasted, the Holy Spirit said, “Now separate to Me Barnabas and Saul for the work to which I have called them.” Acts 13:2
Here's some encouragement..
This section will be updated regularly throughout the fast. You’ll also find some encouraging posts from last year.